Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I Love God

I have been meaning to make this blog post for quite some time, but I've not been sure what to write about. I know the gist of it. How I feel God's love on a daily basis, but I kept trying to figure out how to tie it in with my art.

I've put it off long enough that I'm not going to bother trying to make an art connection.  I'm going to go ahead and write the blog post.

My greatest fault is that of inaction. I've felt a pull from the Divine that I need to do this (write my feelings about God so as to be a light.) I need to do more to share my testimony. But I have hidden that light under a bushel. And that's not doing anyone any good including me. I admit I have hesitated to testify on my blog, but I'm casting my fear aside and I'm diving head in.

I haven't always been in a position where I could feel God's love every day. And it wasn't because I was rebellious. I fulfilled every church calling I had. I prayed daily. I wasn't completely devoid of the spirit of God either. I know that even during my times of trail and doubt I would receive small blessings from Him and I'd feel His love.

There was a time in my life when I was a new mother that I had a pretty major crisis of faith which I will make a specific blog post about later. But through trusting in God and trusting that the things He had already shown me were good, I came through that trial with greater faith and greater humility.

You know, testifying can be a death sentence to a career. I'm sure many people are turned off by just mentioning God. But I've decided that there are things far greater and far more important than my aspirations. And I am willing to do what God wants me to do. So, if this can spark faith in just one person, even if that means I don't do another commissioned illustration in my life (that's exaggerating. I don't think that will happen) but if it does, I am at peace with it. And I will glory in my God. 
 

No comments: