Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Drawing Lessons

I have thought about giving art lessons for some time. I've had all kinds of excuses why not to do it, like my own projects, being a mom, and nervous that I won't be a good teacher. But I do have knowledge that others may find useful. Perhaps it's time to impart some of what I know to others.

I will be teaching basic drawing techniques. This is not an art class that explores personal creativity. This is for those who want to improve upon their drawing skills.

Students must have an appetite to learn and are willing to listen. I will require the students to bring their own art supplies. For this course kids will only need pencils and paper. I will be specifying exactly the kind they should get.

There is space for six students. They must be between the ages of 10-18. The class will be held Thursday afternoon from 4:00-6:00. The cost is $20/class.

The course will be 8 weeks. I will offer two options for a discount. Either a student can spend an hour performing service for someone outside their family (there will be accountability.) Or you can pay for the full eight weeks up front. The discount is $5 off per class. The one hour of service will have to be performed every week you'd like the discount.

I'm excited to help young minds learn to draw more effectively. I can also help students who are working on their Reflections Projects. But the focus of each class will be to learn the foundation of drawing.


  

No comments: