Monday, February 27, 2012

Starting Anew


This past Saturday I went to an SCBWI illustrators conference in Bountiful. Each of the guest speakers shared some good insight. Sherry Meidell talked about drawing children and adolescence. Children Book Author, Anne Bowen, spoke about the two main types of children books, story and list. It was great to have the perspective of an author. The last speaker was Will Terry. If you haven't seen or read any of his stuff about ebook publishing you need to go now. He has a wealth of knowledge on the subject. In fact he's well rounded in many areas of the children book illustration world. He talked about web presence. (Which has inspired me to update my blog more frequently. Hence this post.)

I'm terrible at writing, and expressing myself clearly, but its better to start now than to keep putting it off. I've erroneously thought that after I've improved my writing craft I'd update more often, but you know what? That's not going to happen without actually doing some writing. So, get out your clothes pins, pinch your noses and get ready for some terrible posts.

This was fun. For the last session of the conference we drew kids. It was a race to get the gesture before the kids changed poses.

No comments: