Saturday, January 16, 2016

Chinese Dragon

There's a great little online school that teaches art called SVS Learn. It is run by the amazingly talented illustrators Will Terry and Jake Parker. Each month they hold a competition. They give a prompt and people can come up with an illustration that goes along with it. This month's prompt was,
"Stanley ran outside as fast as he could to see what made that horrendous noise."

Here is what I came up with.
"Stanley ran outside as fast as he could to see what made that horrendous noise." 

I'm pleased with what I came up with, but this wasn't my first choice. I worked on two other illustrations before coming up with this idea. The first one I did was of a mad scientist running out of his haunted house.

 The other was of a man in night clothes running outside with a lamp.
Those these other two are not close to being finished, I think it is pretty obvious why I went with the one I did. But I thought you might like to look into my thought process behind the art.

No comments: