Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hear that Lion Roar!

I can't believe that of all days, I missed writing on Leap Day. Come on, Jen, it only comes around once every four years.

Well, it snowed last night. And to tell the truth, not all that much. But since we haven't had much snow at all this winter I'm gonna go ahead and say that March has come in like a lion (a mangy, half starved lion.)

Yesterday was not productive in many ways for me. I didn't paint once. I didn't tweet, update facebook, or blog. I did, however get my mailers sent out. And since my goal this year is to send out mailers every other month, I just made it.

I did feel gratified when a fellow post office customer came up to me to ask what I was doing. (I was putting 3 cent stamps on my already 29 cent stamped postcards.) So, I showed her my card and let her know what I do. She was genuinely curious and awed with my talent. It gave me the opportunity to tell her about my most recent book. I was pleased when she said she had heard of it.

You know, I could have easily gotten annoyed with a busy body snooping into my business, but what good would that have done me? Had I given a short, rude response she would have felt abashed, and I would have felt smug in my dark world and brooded over how I was justified in behaving in such a manner. Its nice to treat people nice.

No comments: